Mr. & Mrs. Pitt - 23rd August 2014
'Racism has long been part of American history. Undeniably powerful and disturbing images of swastikas, Klansmen and flaming crosses are immensely associated with the term. Since the civil-rights movement of the ’50s and ’60s, many people prefer to believe racism no longer exists. Yet, it is still alive and functioning in this country. Today, with the goal of becoming part of the American mainstream, the racist movement operates through both subtle and transparent practices to recruit new believers from among America's youth.'
-David S. Holloway, who won a Getty Images Grant for Editorial Photography in 2005 for his project documenting white nationalism in the US.
2014 marks the tenth anniversary of the Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography program, which has now awarded almost $1 million in funding to photojournalists. As we prepare to announce this year’s winners on September 4 at Visa Pour l’Image, we are taking a look back at some of the winners from the past 10 years. See more on In Focus.
What God Wants You to do Today.
1. Be Thankful. Give thanks for Today and for all you have. God’s Will for our life includes a constant spirit of gratitude regardless of our circumstances. When we choose to give thanks, even if our circumstances don’t improve, our perspective certainly will.
“This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-28
2. Don’t Worry. Refuse to let fear rob you of your peace. God is bigger than whatever you’re stressed about! Give your worries over to Him.
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” Philippians 4:6
3. Seek God. He wants a relationship with you. He wants you to pursue His Kingdom because you will eternally be part of it.
“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13
“Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” Matthew 6:33
4. Help Others. We live in a selfish world, but selfishness isn’t part of God’s plan for any of our lives. He wants us to care for others every chance we get.
“Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.” James 1:27
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10
5. Trust God. Every difficult circumstance in your life is something God will use for your good and His glory. He has great blessings in store for you. Trust Him and don’t give up!
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. “ Jeremiah 29:11
my anaconda don’t…
my anaconda don’t…
My anaconda dont’ want none unless you got buns hun
I like to call this, “Core Work Conversations” I started laughing when Isaiah grabbed his feet like me😆 #proudmom by readysetflow_ http://instagram.com/p/r4mZncPQEp/
Purchase Yoga Supplies on Amazon here —> http://jermil.com/BYS_VIP/
^o^ Get help deciding out where to start with yoga here —> http://www.fiverr.com/s/58rxwm
black mama excellence